So a lot has happened since the last time I got to update you guys. Things are going great and moving fast, so I'll get right to it:
Meet Patti, our First Native Knoxvillian
Earlier this month, most of our team met Patti Donovan, a native Knoxvillian interested in joining our church family. After us spending the weekend with her, she sent us a text letting us know she'd decided to join. Here's her text:
I'd love to join. I think you all are a great embodiment of Christ and the Gospel. I used to really dislike Christians. I saw them two ways, either very rule-following and judgmental or so loose about convictions and how they carry themselves, to an outsider or even a friend, they don't look like a Christian. Your group was neither. They were funny, kind, inviting, but also very real in how they carried themselves. You made me feel like family and as if I could have told you anything and you could have come around me without judgement. I haven't seen that in a long time. I believe in your vision and love your passion. I can't wait to see how you grow in Knoxville.
This is a big deal to us for a couple of reasons. For one, we're always grateful when the Holy Spirit draws people to our church family. But second, Patti's story is the very first of what we pray will be countless more stories like hers. There are thousands of more people just like Patti in Knoxville that we hope to reach through our church family. That we'd be able to show everyone we come into contact with what church family is truly like because of Jesus.
Join us in welcoming Patti!
Other Additions to the Team
- Another couple from Columbia has joined the team! Another couple from our home church in Columbia have let us know that they plan to move with us to Knoxville! We're excited to have them aboard.
- Five other people are praying through joining. We have two more couples, one from Greenville, NC and one from Raleigh, NC, who are also praying through joining our core team, as well as one native Knoxvillian. We're excited for all the folks Jesus is drawing to our church family.
- We also have some home-grown additions to the team. As of this moment, three different couples on our team are expecting (it must be something in the water around here). We're excited about these additions to our team too!
How to Pray this Month
- Pray for the new additions to our team. We want to do a great job welcoming new people into our church family, just as Christ welcomed us in the gospel (Rom. 15:7)
- Pray for those considering joining our team. Please join us in praying for those considering joining, that God would give them clarity and vision on His will for their next steps (Col. 1:9)
- Pray for continued fundraising efforts. Join our team in praying that God would open doors for more people who want to partner financially with us to see the gospel proclaimed in Knoxville (Phil. 1:5; 2 Cor. 8:13-15; Col. 4:3)
How to Help this Month
- Help us network for fundraising. If you or someone you know is interested in more information about partnering with us financially, feel free to just send us an email with who they are. We even have a form email that you can send to them to introduce us, if that helps! We'll do all the work of asking them–all we need from you is their contact information.
- Help us connect with those needing church family. If you know of someone in the Knoxville area who isn't connected to a church and is in need of church family, we'd love to get connected with them to see how we can help. Just contact us with their information.
- Join us. If you feel called to be a part of our church family headed to Knoxville, we'd love to hear from you. Just fill out the quick form on this page.
Want to receive these updates directly to your email? Sign up for our prayer list.