First off, we've been so overwhelmed and grateful at how many of you have helped us get the word out about City Church. Just within the first hour of launching the site, my inbox was full of people wanting to join our prayer list. So thank you!
That being said, I wanted to give the first blog update on how things are going:
- We now have our first team members on the ground in Knoxville! Their names are Hayden & Alyssa Antal, and they moved in the first week of June.
- The bulk of our team has now formed a LifeGroup in Columbia. Because our goal is to become church family with one another and carry that with us to Knoxville, we're beginning that process by doing life together here in Columbia before the move.
- Our website launched. You're probably aware since you're reading this, but our website is now live, along with a video detailing our vision for City Church, and an easy online giving platform through PushPay.
- Fundraising. Now that our online giving platform is set up, myself and Jeff (our other pastor) will begin focusing most of our efforts on fundraising.
How to Pray
- Pray for the Antals. While Alyssa has a job as a pastry cook at Blackberry Farms, Hayden is still looking for employment in Knoxville. He has experience in media (photography, videography, and graphic design), but is open to other things as well.
- Healthy community in our LifeGroup. As we meet as a LifeGroup here in Columbia, we want to set up great rhythms of speaking the gospel to each other, being family with one another and being on mission together. Our hope is to lay a great foundation before we even get to Knoxville.
- Success in fundraising. As we begin fundraising, we'd love to have as many people partner with us as possible. Pray for great relationships to form and for people's interest in City Church as we send out support letters in the coming weeks.
How to Help
- Help us get the word out. Feel free to share the links to cityknox.com with anyone you know that might be interested. Use email, social media and whatever other means you'd like. (Just after many of you liking and sharing this week, we have 20 people on our prayer list, our first donation, and five people interested in joining our team Knoxville.)
- Help us network for fundraising. If you're interested in receiving a letter about fundraising, or know someone who is, we'd love to get their information from you. Feel free to just send us an email with their contact info.
Thanks again for partnering with us. We're grateful to have such a great extended City Church family!
If you're interested in receiving updates to your email, join our prayer list.